Wednesday, June 21, 2017


My excitement and nervousness for ISTE17 is increasing each and every day.  Why?

I'm excited to attend the conference. I'm always excited to attend ISTE.  The chance to be among other educators who are enthusiastic about teaching and technology makes me smile.  I also look forward to reconnecting with people I met last year. By chatting and catching up with members of my virtual tribe, we have a chance to share and engage with others. This year, I will have the chance to learn about new resources and share some of my own teaching experiences with others.  This leads to why I am nervous..

I will present a session this year. My session is titled, How LMSs can Increase Engagement with PBLs.  Proposed as a poster session, I was ecstatic when I received a request to do a snapshot.  Once the excitement wore off (it really never did) I became nervous. How would I fit the three PBL experiences in thirty minutes?  Would people attend?  Would others be excited about this topic?

I welcome the chance to find out. If you are interested in learning a bit more about PBLs, or would like to gain some ideas for ways to engage the students in your library program, come and check-out the session. It will be on Wednesday, June 28, 2017. Located in 225AB, the session will begin at 8:30 am.  Check out the ISTE app to sign-up.

I also have the opportunity to share the revamped style of PD in my school. In a session titled, Inside Out PD, my colleagues and I will discuss the premise for the teacher centered PDs at our school.  This session will be on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 and begins at 1:00 pm.  The session will be Ballroom 4.

For those who are unable to attend, I have a few hashtags that may be helpful:
#ISTE17
#PresentersOfISTE

No comments:

Post a Comment